Defend the border?

Against an invasion of millions of aliens? How unthinkable! How outrageous! The God-Emperor finally takes action to secure the southern border of the United States.

President Donald Trump is directing the National Guard to protect the southern border of the country, Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen said Wednesday.

“It’s time to act,” Nielsen said, without specifying the number of troops that would be deployed though she said “it will be strong.” She added that details will be worked out with governors and that “we do hope that the deployment begins immediately.”

The move follows Trump’s warning Tuesday to Mexican leaders that he would abandon the North American Free Trade Agreement without assurances of help on securing the border.

And, inexplicably, the President’s approval rating has also been rising. But  how can this be? Doesn’t he know this violates the Ellis Island Amendment?

The God-Emperor understands that immigration is war. And if you don’t sink the ships, you will come to regret it.

UPDATE: See, all it takes is a little firm resolve from the White House.

A caravan of Central American migrants whose trek across Mexico infuriated President Donald Trump has decided not to travel to the US border, leaders said Tuesday.


The spirit of privacy

Facebook’s newfound commitment to data protection and privacy is mostly theoretical:

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has said that new data privacy laws will only apply “in spirit” to more than three quarters of the company’s users.

Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will force the social network to comply with strict rules about the privacy of its European users. But Mr Zuckerberg failed to commit to rolling out the protections globally.

“We’re still nailing down details on this, but it should directionally be, in spirit, the whole thing,” Mr Zuckerberg said on Tuesday. With only 17 per cent of its 2.2 billion users residing within Europe, the vast majority of Facebook’s users will not benefit from the new rules.

But on the plus side, they’ve already scanned all your messages anyhow:

Facebook Inc. scans the links and images that people send each other on Facebook Messenger, and reads chats when they’re flagged to moderators, making sure the content abides by the company’s rules. If it doesn’t, it gets blocked or taken down.

The company confirmed the practice after an interview published earlier this week with Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg raised questions about Messenger’s practices and privacy. Zuckerberg told Vox’s Ezra Klein a story about receiving a phone call related to ethnic cleansing in Myanmar. Facebook had detected people trying to send sensational messages through the Messenger app, he said.

“In that case, our systems detect what’s going on,” Zuckerberg said. “We stop those messages from going through.”

Of course, it’s not as if Google isn’t doing exactly the same thing with Gmail and Microsoft isn’t doing the same thing with Skype. If it’s on the Internet, someone other than the intended target is reading it. Count on it.


Nothing they won’t ruin

The Man Behind the Curtain seeks a sex change for Indy:

Ready Player One director Steven Spielberg says it’s time for a woman to play Indiana Jones. The director says he knows putting a woman in the lead role of an Indiana Jones movie would upset fans, but believes it’s time the explorer ‘took a different form’.

A woman? Or a girl? No doubt Mr. Spielberg would find it very amusing to make Indy an 10-year-old girl. A promiscuous 10-year-old girl coming on to an older man. Perhaps he could be an older man who just happens to make movies starring lots of children.

After all, it wouldn’t be interesting if she was 16 or 17, right, Stephen?


YouTube restrictions inspired shooting

Well, that’s certainly ironic. YouTube’s executives would do well to reconsider their policy of discriminating against the videos they don’t like before another SJW snowflake takes violent exception to losing most of their audience courtesy of YouTube’s biased algorithms.

The NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit has confirmed the identity of the shooter who opened fire on YouTube’s campus in San Bruno Tuesday. Nasim Aghdam, 39, lived in Southern California and appears to have had a robust presence on YouTube.

In a video posted in January 2017, she says YouTube “discriminated and filtered” her content. In the video, Aghdam says her channel used to get lots of views but that after being “filtered” by the company, it received far fewer views.

In a video posted in January 2017, Nasim Aghdam says YouTube “discriminated and filtered” her content. In the video Aghdam says her channel used to get lots of views but that after being filtered by the company, it received fewer views.(Published Tuesday, April 3, 2018)

In one online rant, she complained that YouTube censored her content by imposing an age restriction on one of her workout videos because they were too racy.

I still think that building our own platforms is the preferred option. But I’m certainly not going to shed any tears if the SJWs turn on Big Social.

When Big Social picks winners and losers – and it most certainly does so in an arbitrary fashion – not all of the losers are going to take their unfair treatment well.


Alt-Right is inevitable

You may recall that I predicted Europe’s strong shift to the Right, which is still in the very early stages.

Far-right views are now mainstream in Europe, is the stark warning coming from a leading historian.

Polish officials recently blamed Jewish people for their ‘own destruction’ while the Hungarian Prime Minster declared Europeans should not ‘mix’ with Africans. The Croatian president on a trip to Argentina came under fire from a Holocaust survivors charity for thanking the country for taking in ‘notorious’ pro-Nazi criminals.

Ton Junes, who works with the Human and Social Studies Foundation in Bulgaria, says the events all show a worrying trend for a rise in far-right views.

‘There is something broader going on in the region which has produced a patriotic, nativist, conservative discourse through which far-right ideas managed to become mainstream,’ the expert explained.

Ever since WWII, such views were taboo in Europe, confined to the far-right fringes. Today they are openly expressed by mainstream political leaders in parts of Central and Eastern Europe, part of a populist surge in the face of globalization and mass migration.

The media is still babbling about this political transformation as if it is a bad thing and preventable somehow. In truth, it is neither. In truth, it is the process by which Europe will save itself from the plans of those who are seeking to destroy the West by eliminating both Christianity and the European nations from the satanists who have hated the former and envied the latter for centuries.


We won’t see this on YouTube

I tend to expect any videos of the reported shooting at YouTube will be censored in a hurry:

Police have confirmed an active shooter at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno Tuesday afternoon. The shooting appears to have happened in an outdoor cafe on the grounds of the facility.

Police were seen laying down evidence markers near the seating area of the cafe. People near the area reported hearing shots fired, police activity and lockdown procedures.

KPIX 5 reporter Andria Borba said at least two Homeland Security units were responding. Police radio transmissions describe casualties being taken to local hospitals. San Francisco General Hospital spokesman Brent Andrew said the hospital received patients from the incident but could not confirm a number.

I’m not saying this was necessarily a false flag, but it’s pretty obvious at this point that the gun control nuts weren’t getting sufficient traction out of the Parkland crisis actors.

UPDATE: Or perhaps it was just Sudden Jihad Syndrome.

ABC reports that she is a white woman wearing a dark top and a headscarf.  She reportedly came through the back door and fired at least 20 shots, according to an unnamed law enforcement source. Witnesses say there were multiple injuries but no fatalities have been reported.

Perhaps they should rethink that whole “gun-free zone” concept.

UPDATE: No, it’s a domestic.

Woman ‘shoots her boyfriend before killing herself’ after going on gun rampage at YouTube’s California HQ and injuring four people 


Government by Facebook

This strikes me as an astonishingly horrific idea:

The Facebook founder is fighting to wrest back control of the data breach scandal alarming the world, but his ambitions for the social network are nothing short of chilling.

The founder of the world’s most popular social platform outlined his ambitions for Facebook to act as a democratic system, with an independent “Supreme Court”, which people will be able to petition for their content to be restored.

“I think in any kind of good-functioning democratic system, there needs to be a way to appeal,” said the 33-year-old, positioning the social media network almost as its own state, although staff are not elected. “I think we can build that internally as a first step.

“What I’d really like to get to is an independent appeal. So maybe folks at Facebook make the first decision based on the community standards that are outlined, and then people can get a second opinion. You can imagine some sort of structure, almost like a Supreme Court, that is made up of independent folks who don’t work for Facebook, who ultimately make the final judgment call on what should be acceptable speech in a community that reflects the social norms and values of people all around the world.”

Considering that the Zuckerbot has spent years learning Mandarin, one would think that he would be smart enough to do the math and realize that global democracy necessarily means rule by Chinese social norms and values.

And yet, that would be preferable to rule by the Zuckerbot’s bizarre values… which one certainly cannot describe as “norms”.


Google, the Damned

Fox News notes that the satanists at Google ostentatiously refuse to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

For the 18th year in a row, Google has no doodle to celebrate Easter, and Christians are angry on this holy day.

Paul Joseph Watson, Infowars editor-at-large, tweeted Sunday about Christianity’s most joyful day: ‏”So Google has a doodle for every obscure ‘woke’ person/event imaginable, but nothing for Easter? #EasterSunday”

James Woods retweeted it, saying: “They loathe Christians. Plain and simple.”

A spokesdemon defended the depraved corporation with all the adroitness and honesty of its Father, the Devil.

‘Doodles may appear for some non-religious celebrations that have grown out of religious holidays, such as Valentine’s Day, Holi’s Festival of Colors, Tu B’Av and the December holiday period, but we don’t include religious imagery or symbolism as part of these.’

 Yes, who doesn’t celebrate whatever 2B’@Vz  is supposed to be? You know, there appears to be an observable pattern here….

I’m not angry, myself. I’m just amused. Because one day every knee shall bow before Jesus Christ and every tongue will admit that he is Lord, including those belonging to these angry, evil people exhibiting their impotence in such a foolish and petty manner.

In fairness, he’s not a conservative

The Atlantic magazine hired conservative columnist Kevin Williamson as a contributor March 22. Liberal outlets are already calling for his firing.

Williamson is a veteran columnist from National Review. He’s one of four people The Atlantic tapped to head up its new ‘Ideas’ section wherein writers discuss the political philosophies of the day. It doesn’t matter to the writers at Slate and The New Republic that liberals outnumber Williamson on the page three to one — even a single conservative is too many.


Why we crack down hard

Takimag’s elimination of its comment section underlines why the moderators and I act so swiftly, and ruthlessly, to eliminate commenters who even appear to be inclined to attempt disrupting the discourse, hijacking the mic, changing the subject, or disqualifying and discrediting me.

While we would prefer to have a free and open forum for our readers, a few bad eggs seem incapable of communicating as though they were in good company and have in so doing, ruined it for the the rest of you. So in a way, yes, you can blame (((them))), or at least those who blame (((them))), for this gag.

However, many of you do have something to add, and we would like to hear from you. Please email the mailroom so that we may post a selection of letters from our readers on a weekly basis, and in so doing, perhaps raise the bar above the pale from where it fell off.

As many of you will appreciate, Takimag is run like a dictatorship, rather than a nanny state, and therefore a moderated site is not an option we are considering at this time. Up until now moderation has been ineffective and seems to only encourage the bastards who ruin the exchanges many of you enjoy and will likely miss.

At this point, we would be ever so grateful if you would kindly give the steady stream of childish threats to abandon Takimag forever a rest and be grateful we provide this platform for you and our writers, and that they have something intelligent to say week after week.

For more than a decade, we kept the comments open and anonymous while primarily focusing our moderation efforts on the trolls, of the psychologically unstable, ideological, and professional varieties, as they popped up. This approach was fairly effective, but time-consuming. However, as our understanding of the socio-sexual hierarchy has developed and deepened, we’ve come to understand that there are certain classes of commenters who will reliably, over time, become disruptive even if it is not their intention to do so. We also found the task of moderation to be increasingly Sisyphean, as the more stubborn trolls simply changed their names again and again and again. Hence my decision to lock down the comments and limit them to registered commenters.

Now, one of the strengths of this blog is the pattern recognition possessed by both me and the long-term commenters. If we haven’t seen it all before, we’ve seen an awful lot of it. So, if you’re a monomaniac, an attention seeker, or someone who is “just having fun”, the chances are that you’re not going to last long before going into the spam trap. To summarize, if you insist on creating work for me and the moderators, for any reason, then we don’t want you here. Don’t ignore or blow off a warning, because the chances are there will not be a second one. The blog was here before you started commenting and it will be here long after you stop.

Given the trouble that some commenters appear to be having with Blogger not playing nicely with their browser, I should also point out that I will always tell you that you are being spammed. If you have not been so informed, then you should assume that the issue is with your browser, not your commenting status, and that the only possible fix is on your end. So, if you are having problems commenting, please don’t ask me or inform me about it. There is literally nothing I can do for you in that regard, except tell you to try different browsers and browser settings.

It’s been two months or so since I locked down the comments and I have to say that despite a few dire predictions, the end result has been entirely satisfactory. Traffic remains strong, the number of trolls has been significantly reduced, and the amount of spam has fallen by more than 95 percent.