Mailvox: a proposed solution

MM is hung up on fairness:

I’ve still yet to hear any good reason I should subsidize someone else’s reproductive choices. And this is from someone that would like to have kids!

How about: because your society will die and your nation will disappear in your grandchildren’s lifetimes if you don’t?

Actually, the only “subsidy” needed is to refrain from taxing married parents. That alone would likely do the trick. Four kids and a wife, no income or property taxes until the youngest turns 18. And no inheritance tax period.

With a deal like that, men would be proposing to their parking lot attendants about 15 minutes after receiving their first paycheck. It would also solve 20 percent of the divorce problem. Banning alimony and child support would eliminate most of the remaining 80 percent.