It appears Americans will find themselves sympathizing with the Palestinian people sooner rather than later now that Florida and other states are occupied territory:
What is, however, less known is that inside the US, the Neocons and their allies have been a prime force to dismantle the Bill of Rights, especially the First and Second Amendments.
Today, I want to give a simple yet telling example of how this kind of stuff is quietly happening with very little opposition. And for that example, I will use the US state in which I am currently living, Florida.
Check out this stunning sequence of events:
On April 11th the FL House unanimously (114-0) passed a House Bill 741 which would define anti-Semitism as:
- “A certain perception of the Jewish people, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jewish people.”
- “Rhetorical and physical manifestations of anti-Semitism directed toward a person, his or her property, or toward Jewish community institutions or religious facilities.”
The bill also provides many examples of “anti-Semitism,” including:
- Calling for, aiding, or justifying the killing or harming of Jews, often in the name of a radical ideology or an extremist view of religion.
- Accusing Jews as a people or the State of Israel of inventing or exaggerating the Holocaust.
- Accusing Jewish citizens of being more loyal to Israel, or the alleged priorities of Jews worldwide, than to the interest of their own nations.
The bill also provides that examples of anti-Semitism related to Israel include:
- Applying a double standard to Israel by requiring behavior of Israel that is not expected or demanded of any other democratic nation, or focusing peace or human rights investigations only on Israel.
- Delegitimizing Israel by denying the Jewish people their right to self-determination and denying Israel the right to exist.
On April 29th Governor DeSantis and the Florida Cabinet met in Jerusalem (not a joke!) to proclaim their support for “the Jewish state” (sic) and declare that DeSantis will be the most pro-Israel governor in “America” (sic). The fact that holding that meeting abroad is a violation of Florida law did not bother anybody (except The Florida First Amendment Foundation which filed a lawsuit against this outrage). Neither did the fact that Israel is the last openly and officially racist state on our planet. Sadly, Florida is hardly an exception, two dozen other states (including Texas) have passed similar laws.
This is pure and unmitigated anti-American evil on display. It clearly demonstrates the way in which the Republican Party has been totally corrupted and is now incapable of defending either American interests or American rights. It is said that while history does not repeat, it does rhyme. And what we are seeing is an astonishing ur-repetition of the way in which the Roman empire offered refuge to poor, desperate Gothic refugees beleaguered by the Huns in 376 AD, only to see those refugees slaughter the emperor and sack Rome within 44 years.
I wonder how many states will support identical laws banning a certain perception of Christians, which may be expressed as hatred toward Christianity? I also note that some of these examples of “anti-semitism” observably contradict some of the other examples provided.
UPDATE: Lest you fail to grasp that this Florida law is a direct Neo-Palestinian attack on the First Amendment rights of Americans:
A federal judge has temporarily blocked the enforcement of a state law that prohibits government agencies in Texas from doing business with contractors who are boycotting Israel. U.S. District Judge Robert Pitman issued an injunction Thursday against the law, saying it threatens to suppress unpopular ideas and manipulates “the public debate through coercion rather than persuasion.” “This the First Amendment does not allow,” he wrote.