Some of Nothing offers a demonstration of why women shouldn’t vote:
Couched in the language of rationality, the basest, most absurd arguments appear even more idiotic than when a silly caricature such as Ann Coulter says them…how is this possible? Apparently, this blogger either doesn’t count women as humans or has the most arcane definition of liberty I’ve ever come across. Nonetheless, with a statement so internally illogical, I won’t spend too much time on it other than to illuminate for others what, apparently, has been hidden from me for so long: Dude, these people still exist!
Let’s just list the errors:
1. I’m not a Republican.
2. An opposition to a certain population voting does not indicate fear of that group. Very few people believe that children should vote, this does not indicate that they are afraid of children.
3. See if you can spot any possible definition of liberty – using the very dictionary to which she linked – that requires women’s suffrage:
1. freedom from arbitrary or despotic government or control.
2. freedom from external or foreign rule; independence.
3. freedom from control, interference, obligation, restriction, hampering conditions, etc.; power or right of doing, thinking, speaking, etc., according to choice.
4. freedom from captivity, confinement, or physical restraint: The prisoner soon regained his liberty.
5. permission granted to a sailor, esp. in the navy, to go ashore.
6. freedom or right to frequent or use a place: The visitors were given the liberty of the city.
7. unwarranted or impertinent freedom in action or speech, or a form or instance of it: to take liberties.
8. a female figure personifying freedom from despotism.