Ellis is morally superior and can prove it – he has both black AND Jewish friends:
Your WorldNetDaily screed posted on December 6 was amusing. How quaint that you think everyone who shops between November 1 and December 31 is Xian. How quaint that you think that salespeople, therefore, should simply assume all the shoppers who approach them are thus Xian. I have five surprises for you:
1. Many non-Xians shop during that time frame.
2. None of them celebrate your late December holiday.
3. The vast, vast majority of them do celebrate a holiday (regardless of whether it is major or minor) sometime in December.
4. They most certainly do not want to be wished a greeting associated with a holiday that is not theirs.
5. Salespeople may be good, but they aren’t so imbued with ESP that they can tell, just looking at acustomer, what his or her religion is. In fact–and I’m sure this will explode your mind–some of my friends are black and Jewish.
Yes, that explains why Amazon refers only to gifts and seasons, and yet features a big red banner today stating that there are “9 days left to use FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING for delivery by Dec. 24”. And what is the relevance of December 24th, precisely? I rather suspect that would be that big late December holiday that none of those non-Xian shoppers are celebrating.